FREE SHIPPING on orders over 60 EUR
selected countries only view here
What is DYRBERG/KERN’s jewellery made of?
On the main collection, the base material of DYRBERG/KERN jewellery is brass or stainless steel. Other materials include leather, beads, freshwater pearls and macramé depending on season and design.
Our Sterling Silver line is made of Sterling Silver 925, which is the most common silver alloy, consisting of 92.5% pure silver.
What is the jewellery plating made of?
Our Sterling Silver jewellery is rhodium plated. Rhodium is an exceedingly bright and shiny looking metal which does not tarnish easily. The rhodium plating will eventually wear off – but can be re-plated by a goldsmith. The gold styles consist of a sterling silver base with 18 kt gold finish.
On the main jewellery collection, we use highly advanced ion plating techniques normally used in the watch industry. One great advantage of ion plating is environmental consciousness. Water contamination through waste water, is avoided or kept at an absolute minimum. This plating ensures that you and your DYRBERG/KERN jewellery can spend long time together.
- Silver plated: Silver coloured ion plating
- Gold plated: Gold coloured ion plating
- Rose Gold plated: Rose gold coloured ion plating
- Gun Metal plated: ion plating, looking like darkened black metal
- Antique Gold plated: The components are ion plated gold with antique black finish
- Antique Silver plated: The components are ion plated silver with antique black finish
- Antique Bronze plated: The components are wet plated with 10 micro meter bronze
What is Swarovski Crystal?
Swarovski produces crystals of the finest quality. Swarovski guarantee the highest possible degree of precision and unmatched brilliance. The exact composition of the crystal remains a company secret.
What is Cubic Zirconia?
Cubic Zirconia often referred to as the synthetic diamond, is the lab created crystalline form of zirconium dioxide and is hard, optically flawless and colourless. It is possible to create coloured cubiz zirconias which we often use in our collection.
What is the WATCH collection made of?
The following features characterise the collection:
- Japanese Quartz Analogue movement
- Protective mineral crystal glass, durable and scratch resistant
- Stainless steel cases and hardware details
- Hand polished finishes and high quality ion plating
- Sub dials showing date, month and weekday
- Leather straps, perfectly fitted by skilled leather craftsmen. Designed for great comfort and great looks
- Air pressure in watch case of 3-5 ATM
- Bezels and bracelets adorned with hand set SWAROVSKI ELEMENTS
The watches are patiently and passionately assembled by hand in our workshops, ensuring wonderful watches beautiful both from inside and out.
How do I maintain my DYRBERG/KERN jewellery?
- Do not wear your jewellery when sleeping, or doing sports.
- Do not wear your jewellery in the shower or during hand washing
- Do not spray perfume directly on the metal, leather or crystals
- Should your jewellery get wet, dry it immediately with a soft cloth
- Please note that crystals are breakable
- On STERLING SILVER: If not worn on a regular basis, the shiny silver surface may oxidize (get dark). The oxidized items can be polished with a soft cloth.
- The black oxidized surface gets worn off after a while, but can be re-oxidized by a goldsmith.
- The gold plating may wear off after a while, but can be re-plated by a goldsmith.
How about international law concerning nickel, cadmium, and lead?
All our suppliers test qualities used in our collections regularly in internal laboratories. The process is followed closely by DYRBERG/KERN’s local Quality Control, at the supplier's factories. In this way we secure that all international laws are followed as well as EU regulations concerning heavy metals.
How do I dispose of my quartz watch?
You should not dispose of your quartz watch with household waste. Please see Care Advice for more information.